Sunday, October 16, 2011

Zoo day with Grandmother Betty:)

What a perfect day to go to the zoo!! And what a fun family outing!


The animals were out and amazing.. God's work throughout creation is remarkable!! So many species, such detail and beauty!!


bit

Next time we will bring a picnic lunch, although we did enjoy a wonderful lunch elsewhere, afterwards. We were a bit hungry and Deac was losing interest by the time we passed Cat Country. Note to self: skip the bird emporium on the front end and see it later if time/patience allows.. All in all, it was a lot of fun! Looking forward to going back and seeing the lions. Oh, I almost forgot about those wax animals you can buy via machine!! I so need to look for those next time! I can smell them now:)

2 comments:

  1. This is the best time of year for the zoo. I know what you mean about the bird house. We use that as filler if we have looked at everything else and aren't ready to leave. Somehow I always end up at the zoo during the hottest part of the summer. Fall is so much better for it. I smell the wax animals too; can you still get them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if you can still get them. I didn't see any machines anywhere but we skipped the gift shop. Hopefully they have not become a "hazard" like so many other things (like drinking out of a water hose!) :) Funny how I have survived through out all that water hose water!!

    ReplyDelete